[MPlayer-users] make fails with Undefined References

Luke Sharkey lukesharkey at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 13:31:21 CET 2008

Hi, sorry about the top posting

> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=MPlayer_FAQ#Build_questions.2Fcrashes

Thanks for the link.
What I meant was I think that these FAQ questions might be included in the
DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html file in the source package

Even if that whole wiki page is too long to be put in the DOCS, I think at least there should
be a link to the wiki in the faq.html for the sake of all newbs, if there isn't one already.

Now that I had a look, I see this, and probably others

> It is usually necessary to run 'make distclean' before recompiling an earlier version

but just a thought it might be nice if this particular info is put in bold or nice big letters
in the section which gives details on mailing lists / where to go for help so it doesn't get missed.

Maybe on the http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/mailing_lists.html page a "Newbs please
read this before posting on the mailing lists" link to the wiki?

Just suggestions.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

LS