[MPlayer-users] mplayer won't play more than the 1st chapter of ripped dvd.

Richard F. Rebel rebel at obulous.org
Wed Feb 6 00:49:29 CET 2008

Hello,

I have been ripping my entire DVD collection using a Sony VAIO XL1B3
robot to my Ubuntu 7.10 system.  I have been using vobcopy with the
mirroring option to copy the entire DVD to my HTPC.

When I execute mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device <full path name to
directory containing VIDEO_TS>, mplayer shows the menu.  I can select
the 'play' option, and all seems great.  Then after a while the
player just exits.  It seems to be after the 1st chapter or when it
needs to switch to the next vob file.

I don't see any option in the man page that governs this behavior,
and I can't find anything on google that describes this.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Is there a bug perhaps?  Is
the way vobcopy works not compatible with mplayer?

Any help is appreciated.

-rr