[MPlayer-users] -chapter support with DVDNAV.

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Feb 4 22:02:21 CET 2008

Alexander Roalter wrote:

> OTOH: subtitle display won't work *that* well. If I change the subtitle
> language (pressing j), I only see a few subtitles, then they don't
> appear anymore. I'm not sure if this happens along chapter breaks or if
> it is a common phenomenon... maybe after this night I'm a bit wiser.

checked it out already, and my assumption was right: if using DVDnav,
when a certain subtitle track is selected, after chapter breaks the
subtitle does not show again.

Something interesting for this: as stated in the mail I'm replying this
to, the subtitles are recognized with wrong IDs from 32 onward. Still,
when I cycle through with 'j', the subtitles are from 0 to 16. so it
could be possible that the chapter break resets the subtitle 'pointer'
to the original number (as specified by -slang, not -sid) and thus again
to '32' instead of '0', which is not that good.

I'll quickly try with -sid 0 instead of -slang en... *a moment please*

nope, doesn't work with -sid 0 either.

--
Cheers,
Alex