[MPlayer-users] blank screen after 20mins

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 15:08:30 CET 2008

Rilawich Ango wrote:

> HI all, I use mplayer to play moives.  However, the screen will turn
> blank after every 20 mins.  It seems there are some control to make
> the screen blank.  How can I disable it?  Is it related to bios
> setting?

This is probably either a power-saving setting, or related to your
system's screensaver. In some cases MPlayer will disable this
automatically when it runs, but in others it apparently does not.

You don't mention what OS you're running, but: under Linux, I generally
turn the screensaver (and associated screen blanking) off entirely with
the command 'xset s off'. You might see if that solves your problem.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer