[MPlayer-users] Crash seeking to chapters in a multi-VTS DVD if title is gt 1

Mathieu SCHROETER mathieu.schroeter at gamesover.ch
Wed Dec 31 14:04:47 CET 2008

Nico Sabbi a écrit :
> Il giorno lun, 29/12/2008 alle 11.25 +0100, Mathieu SCHROETER ha
> scritto:

>>> Oh I see, MPlayer hangs if you press "@" key while MPlayer has already
>>> reached the last chapter in the title, but are you sure it were the same
>>> bug? Because this is about VTS making the difference, if a valid value
>>> for -chapter has been provided.
>> I think that the bug is only related to the behaviour with the property
>> 'chapter' that must be IMHO to 0 for the first chapter and not to 1.
>> And maybe a test in stream_dvd is provided for values beginning by 0.
>> But it needs some investigations, I've done only assumptions...
>>
>> I'm sure only for a thing.. it crashes when the value is greater than
>> the max.

>>> Thank you for pointing to that. I've built MPlayer for the first time
>>> with --enable-dvdnav (which unfortunately requires --disable-mencoder on
>>> Ubuntu 8.10 with its slightly outdated libdvdnav4) and it behaves
>>> exactly as you described.
>>>
>> You must follow the howto related to dvdnav at this link:
>> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mathieu SCHROETER
>>

> are you sure the bug is present in current svn? I can't reproduce the
> bug: set_property chapter never crashes for me, nether with
> CHAPTER >= max
> nor with CHAPTER < 1

My MPlayer version:
   MPlayer dev-SVN-r28215-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
   Configuration: --disable-x264 --disable-dvdread-internal
                  --enable-debug --enable-radio --enable-xvmc

libdvdread: r1162
libdvdnav : r1160

Steps to reproduce the freeze:

   $ mplayer -idle -slave -quiet
   loadfile dvd:////dev/scd0
   get_property chapters
   ANS_chapters=38
   get_property chapter
   ANS_chapter=0
   set_property chapter 38
   missing marker bit!
   get_property chapter
   ANS_chapter=37
   set_property chapter 39

And here, MPlayer is frozen, I can't send new command, the movie is
frozen. I must send a SIGINT to get out.

I attached the complete log of mplayer launch with GDB and my
mplayer config file.
DVD used for this test is the first commercial french version of Matrix
and it freezes with others.

Regards,
Mathieu SCHROETER