[MPlayer-users] Crash seeking to chapters in a multi-VTS DVD if title is gt 1

Mathieu SCHROETER mathieu.schroeter at gamesover.ch
Mon Dec 29 11:25:17 CET 2008

Ilja Sekler a écrit :
> On 28.12.2008 19:59, Mathieu SCHROETER wrote:
>> Ilja Sekler a écrit :
>>
>>> MPlayer crashes reproducibly trying to seek to a chapter in a
>>> multi-VTS DVD if the title provided on the command line is greater
>>> than 1. Seeking to chapters (both using command line and "@" / "!")
>>> in a DVD with a single VTS or playing dvd://1 in a multi-VTS DVD is
>>> fine.
>> It crashes when the chapter set is greater than the max available.
>> For example, if there are 10 chapters, it crashes if you go to the
>> 11th.
>
> Oh I see, MPlayer hangs if you press "@" key while MPlayer has already
> reached the last chapter in the title, but are you sure it were the same
> bug? Because this is about VTS making the difference, if a valid value
> for -chapter has been provided.

I think that the bug is only related to the behaviour with the property
'chapter' that must be IMHO to 0 for the first chapter and not to 1.
And maybe a test in stream_dvd is provided for values beginning by 0.
But it needs some investigations, I've done only assumptions...

I'm sure only for a thing.. it crashes when the value is greater than
the max.

>> it crashes only with dvd://, not with dvdnav:// but the behaviour is
>> the same with get_property and set_property.
>
> Thank you for pointing to that. I've built MPlayer for the first time
> with --enable-dvdnav (which unfortunately requires --disable-mencoder on
> Ubuntu 8.10 with its slightly outdated libdvdnav4) and it behaves
> exactly as you described.

You must follow the howto related to dvdnav at this link:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt

Regards,
Mathieu SCHROETER