[MPlayer-users] MPlayer crashes when playing DVD

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sat Dec 20 05:57:41 CET 2008

Hi there!

I tried this:

mplayer dvdnav://2 -dvd-device /dev/sr1

and below you find the output and the version i use. I have libdvdnav
installed, libdvdcss is installed as well.

It would be nice if you had a hint, thanx !

MPlayer dev-SVN-r27637-4.2.1-openSUSE Linux 10.3 (i686)-Packman (C)
2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+ (Family: 6, Model: 8, Stepping: 1)
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Playing dvdnav://2.
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdnav: DVD Title: xxxxx
libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: xxxxx
libdvdnav: DVD Title (Alternative):
libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/home/malte_gell/.dvdnav/xxxxx'
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00fd0000. Regions:
2
libdvdnav: Language 'en' not found, using 'de' instead
libdvdnav: Menu Languages available: de
libdvdnav: Cell is in block but did not enter at first cell!
libdvdnav: Cell is in block but did not enter at first cell!
audio stream: 0 format: lpcm ((null)) language: ?? aid: 160.
mplayer: vm.c:863: vm_get_video_aspect: Assertion `aspect == 0 || aspect
== 3' failed.

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: open_stream
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
possible bug.