[MPlayer-users] Extract AAC from video file?

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 09:52:37 CET 2008

Jon Drukman pisze:
> Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
>> Jon Drukman pisze:
>>
>>> Is there way using mplayer -dumpaudio or mencoder -ovc copy to get an
>>> AAC stream out of a .m4v file?  I need it in either .aac stream format
>>> or a .mp4 container, with no video, but I can't figure out how to do it.
>>>   I guess dumpaudio gives a raw stream with no header or container?
>>
>> Either you have file with wrong extension or you try to dump audio
>> stream from single video elementar stream... I wonder which it is.
>
> i'm not sure what you're saying.  the video file contains an aac audio
> stream:
>
> % midentify 7085_13_1229065288.m4v
> ID_VIDEO_ID=0
> ID_AUDIO_ID=1
> ID_FILENAME=7085_13_1229065288.m4v
> ID_DEMUXER=lavfpref
> ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=avc1
> ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
> ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=960
> ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=540
> ID_VIDEO_FPS=29.970
> ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
> ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=255
> ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
> ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
> ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
> ID_LENGTH=157.48
> ID_SEEKABLE=1
> ID_CHAPTERS=0
> ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffh264
> ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=128000
> ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
> ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
> ID_AUDIO_CODEC=faad
>
> I want to get that stream in either an MPEG transport stream or an .mp4
> file so I can remux it with a different video stream using MP4Box.
>
>   mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile 7085.dump 7085_13_1229065288.m4v
>
> Gives me a file with no recognizable container.
>
> I tried mencoder with -oac copy but I couldn't get anything but an .avi
> file.

Apple iTunes file right? ( they call it's avc/aac streams as *M4V* )
Didn't it's protected by DRM? If it is then... no love.

As for dumping audio for MP4Box usage then... no need:

$ MP4Box -new new_file.mp4 -mp4 -isma -add other_file.avi#video -nodrop
-add 7085_13_1229065288.m4v#audio -mpeg4

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/