[MPlayer-users] A question with mencoder

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:29:04 CET 2008

I want to add a simple text presentation at the beginning of some video files,
and was told that Kino can do that.  The problem is that Kino seems to handle
only dv files, whereas I want to deal with mpeg, vob, mp4, wmv, etc.

One possible way could be to convert, say, the mpeg file to dv using Mencoder,
edit it with Kino and then convert it back again to mpeg.

Can anyone please suggest the right syntax to do so?  I saw that mencoder
commands are quite complicated.

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo