[MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback on MPlayer/Linux-- Somevideos play in ultra-slow-motion?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Aug 31 22:43:21 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 08:33:35PM +0100, Phil Rhodes wrote:
> > I am sorry but I think your expectations are way unreasonable, esp.
> > since some have made comparisons with proprietary companies
>
> That's who you're competing with.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I have yet to see a large-ish
proprietary company that is any more helpful than what you get here
without compiling yourself. If you don't want to compile, then don't
do it. You'll only have to wait for someone to provide the binaries,
which you would have to do for any proprietary application.
Either way, I do not see any competition at least for FFmpeg anyway,
so at least for that part, no I do not think "we" are competing with
anyone.