[MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback on MPlayer/Linux -- Somevideos play in ultra-slow-motion?

Terry Linford trrlnfrd323 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 19:06:35 CEST 2008

Phil,

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Phil Rhodes <phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> Not only don't I know that, I don't even know what that means :-(
>
> It means they've written custom modifications to the code.

Thanks for explaining.  After reading countless -- and so frequently
indignant -- claims of "Linux is ready for the masses" articles, given
my simple (in)experience here, this hardly seems to be the case.

Add to that the inevitable excuse of "you pay for stuff" on Mac or
Windows, and I really understand WHY one pays for things on
Mac/Windows -- They work & your don't have to tolerate such sweeping,
'elitism' @ your 1st bump in the road.

Thanks again.

Terry