[MPlayer-users] Compilation on win32 works, only with -nosound (liba52 is crashing MPlayer)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Aug 30 20:15:44 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 01:47:29PM -0400, Alex Sherwin wrote:
> I've followed instructions from multiple places, including:
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/win32/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt
> I'm building from the 1.0rc2 tag, and applied a very minute change to the
> code in dvd_stream.c that someone checked in last night for me (to print DVD
> Title information)

That does not contain FFmpeg (libav* directories), where did you get
them from.
Anyway, please take my word that using rc2 is a stupid idea, it is full
of bugs everywhere that are long fixed, which is also why you can't
expect much if any help from the developers if you use it.
If there is a specific reason why SVN does not work for you we will try
to fix it in a reasonable time.

> http://pastebin.com/m183db3d8
>
> Any ideas on why the dvd audio lib is crashing my mplayer?

Not really possible to say without a gdb backtrace.