[MPlayer-users] Reading DVD Title as String, possible?

Alex Sherwin alex.sherwin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 06:14:38 CEST 2008

Hello,

I've embedded MPlayer into a Java Web Start application.  Currently in
testing for windows only, basically it is being delivered in a jar by Java
Web Start, loaded as a resource and written as a byte stream to the end user
via Java as a streamlined process, allowing for a one-click web launched
Java Web Start application with no pre-requisites that can start up and read
a DVD.  Obviously, it is running as a slave/idle process and I'm managing
the stdin/stdout streams with commands to MPlayer.

Don't worry, I've already overcome all of the technical hurdles, trickery
and hacks required to do this... and surprisingly, it works wonderfully.

However, what I didn't expect to run into as a roadblock is that I can't get
the DVD Title as a String out of MPlayer.  I've got "-msglevel idenfity=6"
set, and get all of the title/chapter numbers, lengths, and all of that good
info... but the DVD Title is not printed anywhere!  The closest thing to
some kind of disc identifier I can find is "ID_DVD_DISC_ID", which appears
to be some sort of MD5 sum, possibly?  There's no mention of ID_DVD_DISC_ID
in any docs, and Google doesnt give anything but dump's of people running
MPlayer...

I was on irc.freenode.net in #mplayer and #mplayerdev, where they suggested
trying the mailing list and specifically Nico.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated...  I would like to avoid
having to modify mplayer source and compile a new executable to print out
this info, but if that's what it comes down to... any information on where
to look, and how to compile it for Windows would be great.

Thanks,

--
Alexander Sherwin
alex.sherwin at gmail.com