[MPlayer-users] FW: MPlayer won't run anything!?

Jack Slater theilliniguy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 20:10:22 CEST 2008

Sorry - I'm getting it now - thanks for helping!

It was installed with the Ubuntu Synaptic ap.  I've right clicked several
video file types (avi, mov, mpeg, etc.) and selected Run With Other and
browsed to MPLayer.  When I do, MPLayer starts up and displays a square
window that reads "MPlayer" and also a retangular window lower right on the
monitor that are controls for start stop fast forward etc.

Invoking form command line produced a list of options and honestly I'm too
mcuh of a newb to totally understand how to compeltely navigate to a network
file location so I've just stayed with the GUI.