[MPlayer-users] Embedding MPlayer (Waiting until loading completes/Opening movies as paused)

Michael Bollmann Michael.Bollmann at htwg-konstanz.de
Tue Aug 12 22:26:45 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I embedded mplayer into a my application.
It works fine there is just one issue of bad design.
I run mplayer using fork as childprocess of my application.
The main process polls on a connected pipe until he gets a response from mplayer
which is used as indicator that mplayer is initialized and ready for Playback.
The movie is the paused until an external source requests playback of
that movie.

I would prefer mplayer to load the movie in paused state.
Also i would like to know if there is a convenient way of
inter-process communication
to wait until mplayer is ready for playback or failed to load the movie.

Best Regards
Michael