[MPlayer-users] [OT] -- can't make mplayer dump core

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Tue Aug 12 17:59:58 CEST 2008

I was thinking It was time to start giving something back to mplayer, by
collecting corefiles and backtraces when mplayer says "killed by signal
11". For the life of me I am unable to get mplayer to produce a core
dump. When i launch bash from the same command-line and do "kill -11
<pid-of-bash>" it says (core dumped), and a file named
core.<pid-of-bash> is there as expected. No such thing with mplayer.

I have done "ulimit -c unlimited". There is about 35 Gigs free on the
disk. Current dir is owned and writable by the current user. I've run
versions of mplayer compiled with --enable-debug=1, --enable-debug=3,
and without any --enable-debug. Same same.

Advice?