[MPlayer-users] HAVE_WINSOCK2_H? HAVE_CLOSESOCKET? Is this a bug?

Changjin Liu lcj.liu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:29:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I checkout the svn today and build it using mingw. Build process stopped
with libavformat/os_support.c,

complaining that the compiler can't find sys/socket.h.

I viewed the source and found that libavformat/ os_support.c and
libavformat/network.h have used such macro HAVE_WINSOCK2_H, but the
configure script and the generated config.h use HAVE_WINSOCK2.

I changed the HAVE_WINSOCK2_H in libavformat/ os_support.c and
libavformat/network.h into HAVE_WINSOCK2 and build ok.

Another problem is about HAVE_CLOSESOCKET. The configure script doesn't
check whether closesocket exists. So the HAVE_CLOSESOCKET is always
undefined. In libavformat/os_support.h:

#ifndef HAVE_CLOSESOCKET

#define closesocket close

#endif

While mingw have closesocket  in winsock2.h, so build will failed. Should
check for closesocket be added?

Thanks.