[MPlayer-users] Problems with new DVDnav.

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 13:39:20 CEST 2008

On 2 Aug 2008, at 17:12, Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
> Of course it's only stripped little part of my mplayer-update
> script...
>
> I think what's missing in MPlayer how-to is when you doing libdvdread
> and libdvdnav and mplayer ".configure" and compiling it's installed in
> "/usr/local" thus it's hard for ".configure" script to detect
> everything
> properly so either you go with ".configure --prefix=/usr" on
> everything
> or you must state possition key item with ".configure" options like
> "--with-dvdread-config" and "--with-dvdnav-config".
> That was also in my case - without this, dvdnav wheren't working...

I'll try in a moment to follow your instructions as closely as
possible, but my immediate reason was "naw, that's not it".

If you look at the configure.log I attached to my original message I
get:
   "Checking for dvdread
   ... -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -ldvdread -ldl
   Result is: yes (external)"

And:
   "Checking for DVD support (libdvdnav)
   4.1.2
   -L/usr/local/lib -ldvdnavmini -lpthread
   ... -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -
DDVDNAV_USES_EXTERNAL_DVDREAD -L/usr/local/lib -ldvdnav -L/usr/local/
lib -ldvdread -lpthread -ldl -lpthread
   Result is: yes"

Stroller.