[MPlayer-users] MPlayer OS X and the Apple Remote

Robert Gutendorf robert.gutendorf at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 05:43:24 CEST 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Erik Hunger <lanir at cisns.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:26:13PM -0400, Robert Gutendorf wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded the RC2 version from
> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18580
>
> Oh. Well that's a bit different. Sorry.
>
> > I am able to run the mplayer command passing a video to it without a
> problem
> > using:
> >
> /Applications/Local/MPlayer\OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer_intel.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
> > somevideo.avi
> > It just doesn't let me use the apple remote.
> >
> > So I followed Guillaume's suggestion and downloaded the latest SVN from
> > http://www.haque.net/software/mplayer/mplayerosx/builds/
> >
> > Downloaded, installed OK, when I try to open a video  I receive this
> > message.
> >
> > dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
>
> If your system is like min and has the default X11 from Apple installed
> then you're just off by a directory name. Make a symlink from /usr/X11 to
> /usr/X11R6 and it should work. I don't know what to say about the apple
> remote though. That's a compile time option and I'm not familiar with that
> particular package.

Once again thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Well, I think we are getting closer to the real issue. I went ahead and made
the symbolic link as suggested by Erick.

robertg's-computer:/usr robertg$ ls -l
total 8
lrwxr-xr-x     1 root  wheel     10 Apr 26 22:31 X11 -> /usr/X11R6
drwxr-xr-x     4 root  wheel    136 Apr 26 22:30 X11R6

 I still receive the same error as before: dyld: Library not loaded:
/usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

 I looked in the directory, and sure enough there is no libfreetype.6.dylib,
but there is a  libfreetype.6.3.dylib

 I tried a symbolic link between 6 and 6.3, but it started complaining about
versions.

 Thanks again for all the help.

Bob