[MPlayer-users] audio track language choice logic?

klaas.decanniere at telenet.be klaas.decanniere at telenet.be
Sat Apr 19 21:37:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have some problems with understanding language choice.

I have a DVD with french and english audio. French is default (menu also and only in french), english is what I like

when I do
mplayer -v dvdnav://3 -alang en

English is spoken

when I do
mplayer -v dvdnav://3 -alang en -dumpstream -dumpfile stuff.vob
and then
mplayer stuff.vob

I get French (no matter what -alang options in command line or .mplayer/config)

Is it my logic that is faulty? Or the program's?

This seems to be so for both the system default mplayer and the one I got from svn last night.

Thanks for helping,

Klaas