[MPlayer-users] Playing QHD (3840x2160) material with mplayer

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Thu Apr 17 00:14:37 CEST 2008

Phil Rhodes wrote:
> > Ulrich Lukas wrote:
> > Hi Dean,
> >

> > sorry I have no tip for your problem; this is just
> > out of curiosity:
> >
> > For which kind of application do you need this
> > realtime
> > 8-Megapixel-Video playback?
>
> Feasible uses for 4Kish playback:
>
> Ride film projection on a Sony SXRD projector.
> Dalsa D-cinema camera footage playback.
> Red D-cinema camera footage playback.
>
> Did I guess right?

Not quite.  We are a research group doing image and video
processing algorithm R&D on QHD technology.

But your guesses are certainly reasonable.  There is "application"
per-se. We need to look at our results and the solutions that exist
are expensive.

I believed (and still do) that a suitably powerful linux box (reading
video from RAM memory) should be able to drive the device at 60 fps.

Dean