[MPlayer-users] pullup/filmdeint with mplayer

Benoît DECHAMPS newsgrp at duradsl.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 10 19:11:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've got a movie which is telecined PPPII like in mencoder documentation. When
I play it with mplayer -vf pullup or filmdeint interlaced frames are
correctly deinterlaced but I have one frame of five which is duplicated.
After reading man page and intensive googling, I cannot find any solution
other than reencoding with mencoder (which works great, but is not pratical
and can suffer quality loss), it seems that all people use pullup/deint only
with mencoder (??). I have also tried -vf decimate with no success. Is there
a way to convert 30000/1001 telecined movie to 24000/1001 progressive on the
fly with mplayer? I've tried with mplayer 1.0rc2 and SVN rev 26350 and the
result is the same.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.