[MPlayer-users] Dumping yuv4mpeg at faster than realtime

Bryan Donlan bd at fushizen.net
Mon Apr 7 17:35:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to dump yuv4mpeg at faster-than-realtime speed, so I can pipe it
into x264. I've tried:

mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg:file=stream.y4m -ao null -ac null -vf [...] inputfile

but this seems to dump at real-time. I've also tried:
mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg:file=stream.y4m -ao pcm:fast:file=/dev/null -vf [...]
inputfile

but this produces A-V desynchronization (with or without -mc 0).

What's the recommended way to get a yuv4mpeg dump that's frame-for-frame
identical to the input?

Thanks,

Bryan