[MPlayer-users] rc3 anytime

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 1 11:53:40 CEST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 04:15:50PM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I think it was oct 8 2007 since rc2 was downloaded by me anyway.
> Is there going to be an rc3 anytime?
> Perhaps an actual version 1 release?

The resources of our main developers are spread thin enough as it is
so there is little interest in doing the work necessary for releasing.
There is no problem with doing more frequent releases if someone beyond
the usual people (who are too busy with job etc.) does the work, that
includes creating a release tarball, testing on a few architectures,
writing a news entry, building Windows and MacOSX binaries (without
custom patches like many inofficial packages) etc.
Otherwise look at e.g. gentoo, they are doing MPlayer "releases" all the
time without any extra effort from our side (the latest being based on
SVN r26300).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger