[MPlayer-users] Mplayer License Issue

pratish ganguly pratish.ganguly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:07:25 CEST 2007

 Dear All

   I have developed a cutomized Linux distribution for commercial purpose.
In that distribution I plan to include gmplayer (mplayer1.0rc1 to be
specific) package in that. Can you guide me regarding what all licencing
issues I might have to take into account in this particular case ?

  The video codecs & demuxers included so far (as shown in gmplayer
preferences ) are
    1.  Null video decoder
    2. FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
    3. LZO compressed video
    4. RAW uncompresed video
    5. Hauppauge macroblock/NV12//NV21 decoder
    6. NuppelVideo decoder
    7. PNG Images decoder
    8. JPEG Images decoder
    9. TGA Images decoder
  10. SGI Image decoder
  11. MPEG 1/2 Video decoder libmpeg2-v0.4.0b
  12. MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough

   The audio codecs & demuxers included so far (as shown in gmplayer
preferences ) are
    1. MPEG Layer -2 Layer-3
    2. AC3 decoding with liba52
    3. AC3/DTS pass-through S/PDIF
    4. MPEG audio passthrough ( fake decoder)
    5. FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
    6. uncompressed PCM audio decoders
    7. Uncompressed DVD/VOB LPCM audio decoder
    8. aLaw/uLaw audio decoder
    9. IMA ADPCM audio decoder
  10. MS ADPCM audio decoder
  11. Duck Corp. DK3 ADPCM decoder