[MPlayer-users] Centos5 mplayer installed, but no video.

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:25:47 CEST 2007

> I have MPlayer-1.0rc1 installed on centos5, but there is only audio and no video displayed when running mplayer.

First off... this is an old version of mplayer. They are constantly
making changes through svn and ask that you try later versions before
you post bugs.

However, I don't think this problem is related to the version you are running.

> vo_cvidix: No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v option for details)!
>
> [VO_SUB_VIDIX] Couldn't find working VIDIX driver.

You could try using a different vo. Try

mplayer -vo help

This will tell you all the video outs you have available. Try some
simple ones such as xv or gl or as a last resort x11. If one of these
work you can put it in the mplayer config file.

Good luck
Jeremy