[MPlayer-users] mencoder: Removing black bars creates black line artifacts

Trevor Bradley tgb at sfu.ca
Wed Sep 26 20:07:46 CEST 2007

> > Excellent.  The lines disappear on my 20 second sample with your new
> > command line options.  I'm guessing my version applied the filters
> > independently.

> No. Actually, it only applied the crop filter. Only the last -vf option
> is taken into account.

> > I'll investigate chaining vf filters and learn more about yadif vs lavcdeint.

> http://guru.multimedia.cx/index.php?s=deinterlacing

After doing some research on yadif (about 60 seconds after my first reply), Google sent me quickly to this page, and the first interlacing image was my horizontal black lines.... It all fell into place within seconds, and the ignored vf filter was obvious!  (I should have put "crop" and "lavcdeint" in the opposite order, would have been very obvious then.)

Thank you all for your help.  My avi looks great this morning!

Trevor