[MPlayer-users] mencoder: Removing black bars creates black line artifacts

Trevor Bradley tgb at sfu.ca
Wed Sep 26 13:27:01 CEST 2007

> > Thanks for your help!  Any advice would be appreciated.

> s/-vf lavcdeint -vf crop=704:352/-vf lavcdeint,crop=704:352/g

> You may want to use yadif instead of lavcdeint too.

> Guillaume

Excellent.  The lines disappear on my 20 second sample with your new command line options.  I'm guessing my version applied the filters independently.

I'll investigate chaining vf filters and learn more about yadif vs lavcdeint.

I'll try a much longer transcode now to see if it works.  Thanks for the help!

Trevor