[MPlayer-users] questions

yyang at commscope.com yyang at commscope.com
Fri Sep 21 20:27:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

>Turns off the cache feature. The cache feature caches the file into your
>system's memory before playing the file. You must enable the cache
feature
>and set its parameters. If you turn the cache off with nocache and if it
was
>never set it in the first place, then -nocache is the same as having
cache
>enable with a cache setting of 0.

I mounted a directory (/mnt/nfs) via NFS, and played the vide clip in the
mounted folder:
mplayer /mnt/nfs/hd.avi -loop 10 -nocache

Using System Monitor of 'server' machine, I saw the network traffic showed
in the bottom curve. The red cruve (the hilly shape)  indicates video
traffic was being sent to 'workstation'. I actually expected there would
be 10 hilly shapes like that since I looped for 10 time and nocache. But
it did not. What is the reason behind that?