[MPlayer-users] player window won't stay where put

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Fri Sep 21 01:47:39 CEST 2007

is there any way to stop mplayer from continually repositioning itself
within the desktop?  I use mplayer and often have multiple instances open
at once for such tasks as comparing video footage side by side.  When
seeking back to the beginning of a video, the player window will move
itself from where I placed it to the center of the desktop.  This is
very aggravating when I have several windows arranged and am trying to
work with portions of the video close to the beginning.

compiled from todays cvs.

seems to happen with libmpeg2, but not with ffmpeg.  No idea why using a
different codec affects whether the player sends new window coordinates
to the vo or not.