[MPlayer-users] questions

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 23:30:14 CEST 2007

On 9/20/07, yyang at commscope.com <yyang at commscope.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. what does -nocache switch do? I didn't see any difference with or
> without it?

Turns off the cache feature. The cache feature caches the file into your
system's memory before playing the file. You must enable the cache feature
and set its parameters. If you turn the cache off with nocache and if it was
never set it in the first place, then -nocache is the same as having cache
enable with a cache setting of 0.

2. The performance is slow using http streaming. Is this the nature of
> http protocol or something else?

http performance depends on the speed of your http connection. Your
performance on http is a reflection on the performance of your http
connection, not the performance of mplayer.

For reference, playing a video in a mounted directory via nfs is much