[MPlayer-users] encoding divx files - clarification

Daniel Harris mail.dharris at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:18:55 CEST 2007

On 9/20/07, Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:

> Daniel Harris wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >
> >If I remove that option I get this
> >
> >videocodec: libavcodec (720x576 fourcc=3267706d [mpg2])
> >[mpeg2video @ 0xb7640ba8]MPEG1/2 does not support 2997/125 fps
> >Could not open codec.
> >FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
> >
> >Any suggestions how to correct that
> >
> >Thanks for the quick reply, I do appreciate it.  I am trying to convert a
> >file for my niece and at the moment It is driving me nuts.
> >
> >Dan
> >

> there's a rounding error; try to add -fps 24000/1001 or  :vstrict=-1 (or
> -2)
> to -lavcopts (but not both).

The -fps 24000/1001 seems to have done it.  Certainly a lot smoother.  I am
going to let that finish now because I am very happy with the results.  I
with try all the other suggestions later and let the list know if there are
any differences.  But for the time being I am a happy chappy.

A big thanks

sorry about the top posting.

Top-posting is forbidden here