[MPlayer-users] connection refused

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 23:36:00 CEST 2007

yyang at commscope.com wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> That is the server binary. What about its configuration files?
>
> The Live555 media server is an console application. It can be
> launched by typing the filename. There is no configure file.

I think you've misinterpreted my meaning. See below.

>> If, for an unlikely example, your RTSP server's root directory were
>> "/root/", then instead of "rtsp://server/root/share/hd.avi" the
>> correct URL would probably be "rtsp://server/share/hd.avi". Does
>> that make sense?
>
>> If you do not know what the server program is configured to use as
>> its root directory, then you need to find out before you can make
>> any files available.
>
> I understand the different meanings of root now. However the the
> server is an executable file with filename of live555MediaServer. It
> wasn't a tar ball containing configure or make

I was not referring to a './configure' script or a Makefile, used when
compiling the program. I was referring to a file which the server
program will read when it starts running and which it will take its
settings from, used when running the program. This kind of file is
referred to as a configuration file: it is a file containing the
program's configuration settings.

There is almost certainly such a file for your RTSP server. You would do
very well to find out what and where it is, and what the settings inside
are.

Thank you for not top-posting entirely; however, part of the point of
correct interleaved posting is to cut out the parts you are not
responding to. You left the entire message quoted at the bottom of your
reply, which is not a significant improvement.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.