[MPlayer-users] connection refused

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 23:10:56 CEST 2007

Quoting fixed by hand. Please don't top-post.

yyang at commscope.com wrote:

[that Kryzyxztof Duchnowski wrote:]

>> yyang at commscope.com pisze:
>>
>>> 2. I dowloaded the Live555 media server and made it running at my
>>> 'server' machine.
>>>
>>> [root at workstation ~]# mplayer rtsp://server/root/hd.avi
>>> MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
>>
>> this is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the answer
>>
>>> What do I need to do?
>>
>> Download LIVE555 client source, compile it, install it, download
>> MPlayer SVN source, configure, check configure.log for succesfull
>> live555 inclusion, compile MPlayer, install it.
>> END.
>>
> Krzysztof,
>
> I did downloaded the Live555 client source codes, which is
> 'live.2007.08.03a.tar.gz'. Following the instructions, I did
> unpack the tar,
> genMakefile linux,
> make
> I copied the live directory to /usr/local/lib
> All looked OK.

This much sounds OK at first glance. I haven't bothered with live555
myself so I don't know for certain.

> Then I reconfigured my mplayer, make, and finally make install. The
> output of configure, make and make install of mplayer is attached.
>
> As you can see, the ./configure automatically detected the live555.
> The output showed
>
> ' Checking for LIVE555 Streaming Media libraries ... yes (using
> /usr/local/lib/live)'
>
> However, errors occured as pasted below when make and make install.
> Note the "undefined reference" and "make: *** [mplayer] Error 1".
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mplayer/MPlayer-1.0rc1/libass'

Okay, this is your problem; you ignored one of the most important parts
of the instructions you were given.

You need to use the latest SVN source of MPlayer, not the source to
1.0rc1. 1.0rc1 is more than six months out of date, and very likely is
not compatible with the latest live555.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.