[MPlayer-users] connection refused

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:10:02 CEST 2007

On 9/14/07, Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Masaru Nomiya pisze:
>
> > Frank> I got Frank> Connecting to server 169.254.15.100
> > [169.254.15.100]:80... Frank> Connect error: Connection refused
> > Frank> File note found '//server:80/root/video/test.MPG' Frank>
> > Failed to open http://server:80/root/video/test.MPG Frank> Existing
>
> > Frank> I got the same error "conenction refused" when I used Frank>
> > mplayer rtsp://... Frank> mplayer ftp://...
>
> > Did you compile mplayer with LIVE555?
>
> First of all did he started any server on "server" machine? For
> "http://server:80/..." it could be Apache2, on "server" machine side.

Not sure if this is what's needed for mplayer, since I don't have any
"remote" machines working to try it on, but can he log in across his
network and get an Xwindows connection on the machine he intends to
run mplayer on (the server)?  I'd _guess_ this would be a minimum
requirement.
Jack

--
English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.