[MPlayer-users] .TY+ parsing / junk data not skipped over

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 13 14:00:44 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 03:08:47AM -0600, Mike Hodson wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Mike Hodson <mystica at gmail.com> wrote:
> > OK, I just was not entirely sure that the stream would still be
> > playable if i just chopped it at some random byte, as opposed to a
> > sequence split/GOP split/ whatnot.
> > I'll test this and then upload it to the public FTP.

Actually, with ty you have to split at a 128kB boundary...

> File is uploaded.  "test-dtivo-junkskip.ty+"
>
> I am noticing a slight effect of me making the file so small; there is
> severe desync with the audio at the beginning that sloooooowly
> corrects itself over time.  It doesn't have time within this 5 meg
> file to correct before the blip happens.  Also curious if this is this
> a known issue (large audio desync in ty demuxing) and if so, are there
> any ways to fix it?

Well, rewrite the demuxer to make it less of a mess?
You could help with this by
1) providing also the first 4 MB or so of a .ty file
2) Do the same for a .tmf file
because currently our samples server doesn't seem to contain even a
single sample, which makes it near impossible to fix things without
having it break left and right.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger