[MPlayer-users] Trouble with realtime transcoding

wwwadmin unkn0wn at megabit.ru
Thu Sep 13 11:40:35 CEST 2007

I try to transcode aac stream to mp3, but i have trouble: when mplayer
out sound to soundcard, all works fine, but when I try to send
raw-output to lame, encoding work with a jerks: mplayer recieve some
portion of a stream (~2sec) and freeze (~0.5sec), and it's repeated and
repeated. I use construction "mplayer->lame->ezstream" to send encoded
mp3 stream to icecast, and in freeze time i listen noise. I try to use
-cache and -cache-min with no effect. Where is a bug?

Command line:
mplayer -playlist /tmp/radio/drum.m3u -ac faad -demuxer aac -vc
null -vo null -cache 256 -cache-min 40 -ao
pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/stdout | lame --silent -q 0 -b 128 - - |
ezstream -c /usr/local/etc/ez_drum.xml