[MPlayer-users] Playing a raw PCM audio RTP stream

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Mon Sep 10 21:56:48 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 10:24:00 +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> wrote:

> I'm currently playing a bit with pulseaudio, one of the sound servers.
> You can bind a RTP-sending sink to other sinks and I gave it a try,
> but was unsuccessful to play such a stream with mplayer.
>
> On the pulseaudio mailing list, I was told[1] that this just used to work
> out of the box (mplayer rtp://224.0.0.56:46778), because the stream
> content is put into the type descriptor. However, mplayer tries to
> detect the stream type by content these days:
>
> $ mplayer rtp://224.0.0.56:46778
[...]

This actually works:

$ mplayer -demuxer rawaudio -rawaudio channels=2:rate=44100:samplesize=2:format=0x10001 rtp://224.0.0.56:46520

However, it was somewhat hard to find the correct value for the
`format' parameter. This value is from libavcodec/avcodec.h, maybe
there's an easier way to find it?

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:                     Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf