[MPlayer-users] [Bug]:? Flash Video VP6 playback: "alternative entropy decoding not supported"

Ulrich stellplatz-nr.13a at datenparkplatz.de
Mon Sep 10 06:48:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've compiled mplayer under the "native" 64-bit-environment.

For further testing, I've set up a small 32-bit-chroot and installed the
mplayer binary included in my distribution together with the latest
"essential" binary codecs package from mplayerhq.hu.

With this setup, "mplayer -vc vp6 ..." doesn't play the video at all.

Because I consider playback of this video format less important for me,
especially after Adobe's recent commitment to H.264, I think I'll
dispense with a more complete examination. I'd have to install a
complete 32-bit build environment for that.

Of course, if someone wants to look into this and needs more information
or testing, I'll be happy to help as much as I can.

Best wishes,
Ulrich