[MPlayer-users] [Bug]:? Flash Video VP6 playback: "alternative entropy decoding not supported"

Ulrich stellplatz-nr.13a at datenparkplatz.de
Sun Sep 9 11:39:12 CEST 2007

Hi!

I'm using the latest SVN version of MPlayer compiled and running on an
AMD64 machine under Kubuntu Feisty AMD64 with a vanilla Linux 2.6.22.1
kernel.

If I go to:

> > http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/fullscreendemo/

and choose and download (e.g. copying the file directly from the browser
cache after buffering is complete) the H.264-version of the sample
video, it plays normally in MPlayer.

But if I choose the VP6-version, the video starts to play, but after the
first seconds of playing, the image gets crippled, and the following
error message is repeated frequently:

> > [vp6f @ 0xe9a440]alternative entropy decoding not supported.5% 4 0

I've attached the output of "mplayer -v adobeDemoOn2.flv &>
mplayerCmdLineOutput.txt". Two sample screenshots of the distorted video
can be found under:

> http://datenparkplatz.de/bilder/screenshot1.png
> http://datenparkplatz.de/bilder/screenshot2.png

Is this behaviour a bug or simply a missing feature or wrongly
encoded video file?

Regards,
Ulrich