[MPlayer-users] MPlayer crash?

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 03:04:24 CEST 2007

> Error: The GUI requires libavcodec with PNG support.

You need ping developer packages installed?

Check "configure.log" if you do not understand why it failed.

> I want mplayer to have gui support and play all video files (mpeg2, avi
> and xvid) and audio files (mp3, lossless files and wav). I already have
> MPlayer-1.0rc1try3-1.pm.1 rpm installed from packman site so why can't i
> compile snapshot?

You need development packages installed. Not just runtime files. Read the
documentation on the required packages that you need installed. You might
want to compile and install the sources yourself instead of using your
distributions versions.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/softreq.html

Chris