[MPlayer-users] SVN compiling problem - resolved!

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Mon Sep 3 18:14:42 CEST 2007

Hi, All,

I've downloaded the SVN-checkout-2007-09-03 and (after two miles of
warnings) the make is finished and mplayer.exe and mencoder.exe are created.
Previos SVN I downloaded, has missing file. Is it a normal situation (I'm
about warnings large number)?

If you can, please check these logs, which I've got while making mplayer:
http://home.bokovikov.com/mplayer/mplayer-logs.zip

Especially it is interesting what are the lines in make-stderr.txt. There
are some missing directories as well as a lot of warnings.

Also I've noticed, that mencoder, built from SVN, has different parameters
list than RC1 one. Are these changes reflected in the docs, available at the
website? If yes, then I'll definitely need to redownload the docs!

If anybody knows the correct command line to convert some format into FLV,
please let me know a sample, because the old format (which included
"i_certify_blah-blah-blah...") is obsolete now. Are there other changes
here?

I can update the MINGW-HOWTO file, taking into account my recent experience,
but I'd like to know, what version of packages should be used now, because
the latest versions of some packages (like theora, nasm) are not built here.
Can you, guys, let me know what exact versions of packages, mentioned in the
HOWTO, are correct for mplayer building?

Personally I used the next:

libogg-1.1.3
libvorbis-1.1.2
libtheora-1.0-alpha4
libiconv-1.11
freetype-2.3.2
zlib-1.2.3
libpng-1.2.16
jpegsrc-v6b
libregif-4.1.7
nasm-0.98.39
lame-3.97
xvidcore-1.1.2
x264-svn-2007-04-02
live-2007-02-20

Appreciate it if you'll let me know what packages versions are correct now.

Thanks a lot to all, who helped me to understand what is my problem's
origin!

Best regards,
Alex