[MPlayer-users] Audio filters (FIR / Noise reduction) for Mplayer/Mencoder ...?

Santiago Roza santiagoroza at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 02:20:19 CEST 2007

Hello everyone.  I'm sending this email because I need some kind of
Noise reduction / FIR filter for Mplayer/Mencoder; is there any?

It has to be for (commandline) Mencoder, because no other software
I've tried is able to produce AVI files that play in my new MP4 player
(it needs a specific configuration: 22 fps, XviD, MP2 audio, and some
other things).

And I need that filter because I usually bump up the volume of my
converted files, since I'll end up watching those movies in a crowded
bus, on my way to work (and maxing out the volume produces a lot of
noise, of course).

With my old MP4 player (which only played "AMV" files), I used to
apply ffdshow filters (including FIR) on-the-fly, while converting,
since the conversion software (which only worked on win32) used
DirectShow. But Mencoder doesn't seem to have anything like that
filter.

I read that it can use LADSPA filters, but I don't know of any that
does what I need, and I guess it would be hard to configure anyway. So
I'm pretty much depending on you guys.

Greetings and thanks in advance,

--
Santiago Roza