[MPlayer-users] windows build?

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:24:39 CET 2007

> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -fomit-frame-
> pointer   -c -o decode_i586.o decode_i586.c
> ../3.79.1/expand.c:489: failed assertion `current_variable_set_list->next
> != 0'
>       0 [sig] make 8000 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> make.exe.stackdump
> make: *** [mp3lib/libmp3.a] Aborted (core dumped)

If you are using make-3.79.1, you should be fine .  More up-to-date makes
bomb in MingW compiling mplayer.

Looks like it bombs in the lame libraries: "[mp3lib/libmp3.a] Aborted."  Are
you using lame 3.97? It's stable. I personally use the latest cvs with
--enabled-nasm  and --enabled-expopts=full for lame. Mine works fine, but
what exactly are you looking for to work? Let me know and I'll see if I
can't do a test on my build.

What's your ./configure look like?
./configure --enable-static --prefix=/usr/local

I would try to keep it simple at first. You may try a make distclean to
clean up your source code before you run ./configure and make.

If that doesn't work, try downloading the source from scratch. Sometimes
these bugs just come from corrupted source code. Also, you have to be
careful about your logon name with windows: make sure you don't have any
spaces in your user name. The make program gets confused with spaces on
windows: e.g. : 'c:\msys\1.0.1\home\Joe User\build\mplayer' most likely
would cause the build to bomb.

You might want to post this on the cygwin mplayer list: mingw and cygwin are
combined on the cygwin list.

Hank