[MPlayer-users] issues with fullscreen mplayer on extended screen

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Oct 29 17:45:47 CET 2007

Jan Willies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running the latest ati-6.7.195 driver with mplayer-1.0rc1 and
> noticed a problem while trying to play a video in fullscreen on the
> extended screen. It seems like the video is only expanding to 1280x800
> (size of the primary screen) although I'm not quite sure. I've made a
> picture, hope that makes it clearer:
> http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3407/cimg0005wp5.jpg
>
> My Xorg config and logs are here: http://pastebin.ca/raw/751578
>
> The screenshot was taken without options (that means xv), but I tried
> -vo x11,gl and gl2 too. The only thing that works is -vo x11 -zoom -vf
> scale but my CPU goes up to 100%. Playing around with -xineramascreen
> didn't help as well.
>
> I'm a bit out of ideas now.

first off, congrats on your excellent choice on the material you show
us, can't wait for the season finale this evening, and furthermore
(though I don't know how to fix it), mplayer's XV seems to get the
sizeinfo from the (smaller?, first?, primary?) display device. On my
system I have 1280x960 and a 1024x768 portion of it defined as TV-Out
area (with nvidia drivers), and I get the same picture as in your
screenshot, but watching it on TV all is fine (as I'm upgrading this
week to DVI-to-HDMI, I won't be needing the nvidia drivers anymore and
therefore I hope I have fullscreen display again on all display devices.

--
cheers,
Alex