[MPlayer-users] audio LAVC,couldn't find encoder for codec MP3

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Sun Oct 28 09:36:02 CET 2007

Le samedi 27 octobre 2007, 23:31:36 ou environ Giacomo Comes <comes at naic.edu> a écrit:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:17:28AM +0200, Alain Barthélemy wrote:

> You are reading an old version of the man page, not the one of the
> that came with the last version of MPlayer you are using (r24859).

OK, I found the man page. I am using r24857 (two days ago). And
libmp3lame exists well. BUT Mencoder still does not find it!

> The reason may be that before the man page was installed in
> /usr/local/man/man1
> and now it is installed in
> /usr/local/share/man/man1
>
> Wrong, libmp3lame IS a valid lavcopts option (at least
> since 1.0rc2 is out, I don't remember when it was changed in libavcodec)
> also the correct way to use lame with -oac is -oac mp3lame.
>
> > "suboption libmp3lame does not exist" - lib is a library, is not it?
>
> Are you really using a recent version of mplayer? (r24859)

YES r24857

> Does configure find lame? (Checking for libmp3lame (for mencoder) ... yes)
>

> > Thus -oac lavc has been suppressed. -oac mp3lame too.
>
> No.

Ah!

> > I finally found -oac twolame -twolameopts br=224 and it works (I hope!).
>
> If you want to encode to mp2 yes, if you want to encode to mp3 no.
>
> Giacomo

I just tried -oac lavc -lavcopts ...:acodec=libmp3lame:... and... message from
Mencoder: "could not find encoder for libmp3lame".

That's what I have told for days (with latest SVN versions!).

I still can not encode mp3! Thus I am condemned to encode with mp2 and
try new SVN versions until the problem is solved or till somebody tells
me what could be missing in the ./configure instruction line.

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be
http://www.bartydeux.be