[MPlayer-users] MEncoder 1.0rc2-4.2.1: xvid and vqscale

Kövesdi György kgy64 at freemail.hu
Fri Oct 26 16:15:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

If I use constant quality quantizing with vpass=3 and xvid, the output does
not depend on the SCALE value given to vqscale option. Using mpeg4, it works
well.

The commandline is:

mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
       vcodec=libxvid:vqscale=SCALE:vpass=3

On the first pass (vpass=1) or in two-step mode (vpass=2) it works well. Only
vpass=3 is not working.

Other problem is that the fourcc of the output file is set to "libx" in this
case, which is unknown for all players I have (even for mplayer). I must
use "-ffourcc xvid" to be able to play the generated file.

I use SuSE 10.3 on Intel platform.

Regards
K. Gy.

VÁSÁROLJON ONLINE! Ezzel a kártyával nem húzzák le!