[MPlayer-users] mplayer mpeg2 artefacts

Jérémy Lajotte jeremy at junksista.com
Tue Oct 23 07:12:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

When I play HD Mpeg2 files with mplayer, some "artefacts" appears during
half seconds, at some moments in the video. Theses artefacts always
appear at the same place/moment when I replay the video. I though it was
a problem in the video and that I could fix it somehow (how?) but in
fact, when I play the video using VLC, there is no artefacts at all.

(forgive my english)
So...  : the video plays perfectly in VLC, but artefacts appears in MPlayer.
I tried mpeg12 codec and ffmpeg12 codec, without changes.
Could it be a problem in the video files that VLC codec fix
automaticaly? (which codec does VLC use anyway?)
Is there's an option in MPlayer to fix problems in my MPEG2-TS files ?
(like GOP fix, or something?)

I want to use MPlayer because I want to encode theses videos using
mencoder... but when I do it, of course theses artefacts appears again
in the output video. And I can also see the artefacts of the output
video in VLC.

Voila... I hope someone can help me.. I spent last 6hours reading
documentation and trying different parameters with no luck.

Thank you,

Jérémy