[MPlayer-users] MP4 files sreenshot failed with rc2(not present in rc1)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Oct 18 09:56:24 CEST 2007

Hi!

wen linfu <linfuwen <at> live.com> writes:

>  It seems that mplayer can't take srceenshots correctly with MP4 files.
Pictures are always empty
> (completly black or partly black). My mplayer's
> version: MPlayer 1.0rc2-3.2, using following command line:mplayer -msglevel
all=6 -ao null  -vo
> jpeg:outdir=$dir -ss 00:00:01 -sstep 5 -frames 20 $1  But rc1 will take
sreenshot with MP4  without any
> problems using the some command line.

1)
Before sending another mail, you absolutely *HAVE* to fix line length!
See here how your mail looks:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/53153
2)
Can you play the mp4 file in question with mplayer?
3)
Screenshots work with rc2 for me (tested one mp4 file containing MPEG4 with
above command line).

Carl Eugen

PS: In case this is not clear: Please do not top-post!