[MPlayer-users] Possible bugs with vo_ontop on windows

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:56:29 CEST 2007

2007/10/16, Simeon Bird <spb41 at cam.ac.uk>:
> Hello,
>
> I have had some really strange behaviour on windows with mplayer, see below.
> This could be a bug in mplayer. It is so odd that I suspect it is my fault
> somehow, but I thought I'd report it anyway.
>
> In my input.conf, there is the following line:
>
> T vo_ontop  # toggle video window ontop of other windows
>
> This does not allow vo_ontop to be enabled, merely disabled. That is, if
> vo_ontop is enabled with a command-line option, pressing T disables it.
> Pressing T again does nothing except display "Stay on top: disabled" in
> mplayer's OSD. However, splitting this into two lines, as:
>
> T vo_ontop
> ## toggle video window ontop of other windows
>
> works fine, if using vo=directx (If using vo=gl2, in windows mode the window
> shrinks by about 10% each time vo_ontop is enabled, and in addition the
> previous behaviour is present).
>
> This only occurs in windows, but has occured in every svn version of mplayer I
> have tried (both my own and others compilations) since mplayer 1.0rc1, and has
> occured for two separate graphics cards, one ATI and one Nvidia. I am using
> Windows XP SP2, with directx 9.0c. It occurs with every video file I have tried.
>
> Simeon

About the comment at the sameline with the input command defination,
it's a bug, you found it.
The comment will be acted as a parameter of the command, an atoi()
call with the comment as parameter will fail and always got 0, so
always disable on_top.
So neither the input.conf need to be adapted to avoid comment follows
command in the same line, or let the parse code identity the comment
and ignore it. I will make a patch for this.

--
Ulion